I've been working with diverse youth for over 8 years and feel that I could offer tips, strategies, and ideas for anyone hoping to build relationships with young people. I am also a chartered herbalist and organic master gardener- I am happy to talk about growing, foraging, harvesting, and processing with new and seasoned plant lovers! Also, feel free to ask me about my experience as a graduate student!
I can help you:
- Why I love working in the non-profit sector
- My experience coordinating a youth-led community garden project in Halifax
- My experience working with youth of diverse ages, abilities, interests, and staying balanced
- How to write successful grants for non-profits
- My experiences becoming a chartered herbalist and organic master gardener
- Why I struggled to go back to school and become a social worker
- The history of social work in Canada and all of its complexities
- Why anti-oppressive social work is crucial for social justice
- My experiences working in social services
- Disability services available in B.C.
- What a youth-led social enterprise can look like!
- How learning about local plants and plant medicines can change your life